Monday, August 30, 2010

Excuses, excuses

Wow, nearly a whole month has gone by, and all I give you is silence. How rude of me. First, it was work that kept me busy. Then I went on vacation.

But spending some time away from it all was great, despite the days of rain during my beach vacation (no, that isn't ironic). Oh well--it gave me time to think about my short story and time to think about when I'd get my writing done.

My big conclusion? That I was afraid of that big, blank page. I had outlines--many of them--and I even revised the ending to my short story (twice), but I wasn't actually writing the story. I was falling back into old patterns. So enough with the excuses.

I reset my schedule, waking up a bit early to write when it was quiet, when I was still in that semi-conscious state. And I started writing. Only about 100 words this morning, but it was a start. And tomorrow, I'll keep going. Soon, my story will be written. Then the editing begins. That's when the real fear should start.


No comments:

Post a Comment