Monday, September 6, 2010

Good News, Everyone!

It has been quite a week, and I have good news to report--for a change.

First, I rearranged my schedule, so I get about 45 minutes first thing in the morning to write. It may not seem like a lot, but it's more than I had been getting, and it feels great to start putting words to paper. Also, because I have only a little bit of time, I really have to focus--get the scene right, make the characters authentic, and tell a great story. It's been a bit of rewriting with each morning, but I'm making progress.

Second, just for a little change of pace, I entered the Spectra Magazine Issue 1 Flash Fiction Contest. You can find the details here and the submissions here. My submission is "The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth," posted by erchristensen at September 7, 2010, 00:52 if you want to search for it, read it, or vote for it. It's strange trying to tell a story in sixty words, but an interesting challenge. I hope you like my entry. I was going for something different compared to the other entries, most of which seemed to be in a horror setting.

Anyway, that's all for now. Hope everyone had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment